Hanse 385 - A New Level
Click on the arrow below to see a video of the Hanse 385 sailing.
The designers' brief with the new 385 was to pen a performance cruiser with optimum space, efficiency and comfort.
Judel/Vrolijk have done an amazing job... this yacht stands out from the crowd.
Here's some key features of the 385
- Striking looks following the hugely successful 445, 495 and 545
- The best cockpit of any yacht in this class
- Clear decks with flush hatches
- 20 percent more volume and improved sailing performance compared with previous model
- Large sail area with self-tacking headsail
- Twin-wheel Jefa steering system as standard
- Long rudder and T-bulb keel
- Multi function cockpit table
- Superior vinylester construction
- Main bulkhead laminated to the hull and deck
- Telescoping companionway access
- Versatile interior layouts including a choice of galleys
- Light, spacious and airy interior
- Optional air-conditioning
July 2012 Boating New Zealand Review
In less than a year the Hanse 385 has become the German company’s best selling yacht.
The 59th boat off the production line has just arrived in New Zealand so Lawrence Schäffler took her for a sail to find out what’s so appealing.
"The 385 is the smallest in the revamped range of 5 Series Hanses and follows hot on the heels of her three bigger sisters, the immensely successful 445, 495 and 545.
Likethem, she’s been penned by the formidable Judel-Vrolijk team and the same genes are present: plumb bow, clear decks, flush-mounted hatches,a powerful rig, twin helms and a spacious, airy interior.
Like them, she’s also a dream to sail.
Hanse’s yachtshave always enjoyed a reputation for hassle-free handling and easy, short-handed sailing but the 385 lifts the bar by quite a margin.
Liquidity is the first 385 in New Zealand and belongs to Auckland’s Wally Fitness who bought the boat “off the brochure”, sight unseen, but his preliminary research included tours around (and sails on) a number of otherHanses, and he says he was sold on the marque’s qualityand easy-handling traits".... read the full review here and also check out this owner video review of the Hanse 385
Here are details of the 385 boat share from Smart Boating.